Reece is 9 months old today and still going strong. We dug out Isaac's old push and standing toys for Reece and she loves them. She has been crawling super fast or walking along wall's and tables. She still seems so small to be walking so we'll see if she starts walking at the same age as Isaac did (9.5 months). She is my little curious girl, she loves to go through my purse and pull things out. Whenever she can, she makes a b-line for the bathroom, she loves standing next to the toilet and the tub. She loves taking baths, we have the kids take baths together but Reece is so squirmy and wiggly it's very difficult to handle her.
She is becoming more familiar with her books she actually laughs or smiles on certain pages, like the teddy bear page and the deer page. I'm finding that she likes the same books that Isaac did at that age. She loves to play peek a boo with Isaac, he runs and hides and she comes crawling after him, then he jumps out and surprises her and they both just laugh. It's really cute to see them playing together and laughing with each other.
She is still waking up one to two times at night, ughh. She likes to suck on any food I have in my hand. If I eat something while I'm holding her, she looks at my mouth and starts making sucking noises with her lips. It's really funny.
Isaac is doing good. He is still going through his "no" phase. We are trying to teach him how to talk politely and that we like it when he says "yes" and that seems to work sometimes, not always. He has his good days and bad days. He still says "no" to new people when they say hi but, he is such a good boy. He is getting really good at drawing, he loves his magna-doodle. So far, he can draw triangle shapes which are his "jet fighters", he can draw smiley faces, whales with a water spout, volcanoes, the sun, clouds, ocean waves, train track and he's just started practicing his letters.
He blew bubbles all on his own this week. Usually he just spits when trying to blow bubbles, but he finally did it. I've been determined to get him to learn his tricycle, so we've been riding it a few days this week and today he went more than a couple feet on his own. He has been a really good big brother, he loves to tickle Reece's toes or touch her hair. He helps me pick up things that I drop and carries in groceries for me. He's been really into stars and constellations lately. So each night Jake takes him outside to look at the stars and see the big dipper.
They are both at really fun ages right now and we are just enjoying every minute with them.
2 comments:
Reece is starting to look like a toddler. I have to watch out, John said that Johns older brother first walked at 8 mos, but that could have been 8.5.
Wow, I just realized I haven't checked your blog since September! It looks like you guys have been having so much fun with the kids. I can't wait until Jonathan is a little older (and screams less!) so we can do more things again. Reece looks so much like you, Sharon! Such a cutie!
Post a Comment