Where did the time go? I can't believe we are only one month away from our baby girl's first birthday. Here's an update on what she's been up to.
You probably saw from the video, she's walking like crazy. It's pretty much her favorite thing to do right now, is walk up and down the hallway, out any door she can find and ofcourse the opposite way I want her to go. She also loves to do everything that Isaac does, I can't believe how much she picks up at such a young age. She pretends to draw on his drawing pad and she puts letters in his "Word Whammer" that's on the fridge, I caught her "flying" one of his airplanes and making a woo sound, she climbs to the top of our toddler slide with ease, anytime she sees Isaac's sippy cup she grabs it and drinks out of it (she doesn't like hers). She'll also put his hat on her head if she finds it.
She loves to be chased and play peek-a-boo around a corner. She dances to music anytime she hears it, it's a cute little bounce up and down. She likes to point at things and say "oh". She says mama and dada, and we're pretty sure she says "no" like Isaac and "hi".
She loves to eat food, anytime I'm in the kitchen she wants whatever I have. She ate a banana that was not pureed for the first time, and she loved it. She also loves cottage cheese for breakfast and chopped turkey and avocado for lunch. She definitely enjoys putting food in her mouth herself. She isn't too fond of the green vegetables, but she loves any fruit so far. She'll try anything which is great. But, she'll try ANYTHING, so that also includes anything she finds on the floor. I have found wood in her mouth (a piece from a toy), a sequence from Isaac's crafts, and misc. dried food she finds under the table and in the kitchen.
Her sleep habits are still shaky, mostly because we share a room with her so she knows we're there. She takes a nap in the am, then in the afternoon with Isaac, then she'll either be awake until 7:00 to 8:00 depending on what we are doing she might take a cat nap at dinner. Then she wakes up a couple times in the night screaming like a banshee. Sometimes if we just lay her back down with her pacifier she'll go back to sleep, but other times she won't. So, we still have not got a straight night of sleep.
Oh yea, and her two bottom teeth are coming through.
Can't wait to post her one year update. Stay tuned.
2 comments:
She has one of the cutest little baby faces I'v ever seen! :) Sorry about the sleepless nights, we're right there with you...
Thank you so much for the schooling Web sites! I can't wait to use them. Makayla is finally sleeping 7 hours consistently and she's 2!
Post a Comment