Thursday, June 25

We've Moved!

Click here to view these pictures larger


We are officially in our new place as of this last Sunday. A huge thanks to all who came out on Father's Day to help us move. It went pretty well, nothing was broken. We did have to do some creative packing to get everything into the truck that we rented. Also, the rail to our stairway had to be removed in order for our queen-sized bed to be hauled upstairs. I guess they didn't have box springs in 1977.

Things are slowly finding their spot in the house. We are going to put some grass in the backyard, replacing the wood chips that came with the house. We'll actually be able to plant some flowers with the kids and not have them eaten up by our dog.

The kids already have so much fun here. They are very entertained by the new rooms, the stairs and the yard. I am loving the extra kitchen space, full size washer and dryer (hallelujah!)and our own room again!!

Isaac has had a couple of moments where he wanted to go to the old house. I think it's hitting him that his routines have changed and he's not too fond of that idea. Overall, he really likes the new place. Reece has no clue and sleeps great in her new room. You can see pics of our house on our shutterfly page. I'll post more when we get things more complete.

4 comments:

Sean and Sarah said...

I am personally very jealous that you have somewhere you can plant things. I have a porch, but it's covered in cement. May your grass grow tall and green!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house. I hope it brings your family many happy memories to come~ Becca

Mary-Frances Kenney said...

Can't wait to visit.

Carolyn said...

Yay for a new house, a third bedroom, and a backyard!!! (I know the feeling!)

By the way, I can't get your blog to work on Google Reader. Any idea why? I always forget to check if you've updated...