Saturday, July 23

Kinder Grad

This is very delayed in posting but I wanted to make sure I documented this for the book.
Graduation day from Mini Kinder with Mrs. Miller.
This was the first day of mini Kinder. I can't believe how much he has grown this year, and I mean more than just physically. He didn't like going to mini Kinder for a long time. He didn't like how long the day was and we had a couple times where we left him crying.  But, by mid-year he was feeling better about the class and finally by the end he loved it and loved his teacher Mrs. Miller. She was so great. Reece went with us to drop him off and when I volunteered in class and she absolutely loved the class. She wanted to participate in everything.
The teacher assistant is loving Isaac's jellyfish in shaving cream.


Some of the parents came to class to talk about what they do for work. This was the nurse practitioner who came.

Isaac learned so much at home too. At the beginning of the year he could not hold the pencil correctly. Now he's writing sentences with capitals and periods. He's reading books on his own and whenever he can out in public. He's learned about things in history, geography and science that I think is incredible for Kindergarten. I don't remember learning half this stuff. I'm so proud of him and am so excited to start this next year. There are more pictures from his mini kinder class up on our Shutterfly page.

This last year was a great learning year for me homeschooling. I really love Sonlight so far. I've learned some of their books are a little over his head, but the beauty is I have the freedom to pick another book that is more at his level. I was just thrilled he liked the chapter books we read to him this year.  Such a big kid. We start him in first grade next month, CRAZY!

No comments: