Saturday, July 14

Great-Grandma Campbell



This is my favorite picture of me with my grandma Campbell.  She passed away early Thursday morning, July12, just shy of her 97th birthday. We were sure she'd live to 100, she was so strong and doing so well. Even the doctor at the hospital said she had the heart of a young man, not an old woman. As a memento for myself I want to share some of the wonderful things i loved about my grandma.
I loved how she loved to laugh, loved to tell jokes or hear jokes. Laughter holds our family together and she and my other grandma McClain pioneered that for us all. She knew how to have fun and have a good time. Our last visit with her she tried virtual bowling on the Xbox.

I loved her sweetness. She never wanted to be a burden on anyone. She was pleasant to be around and I loved to visit her. Even for a person who has lived through tremendous pain and loss, she never stopped being kind and never stopped believing in the Lord. She said she prayed for us all everyday. She'd hold our hands and would give us hugs and kisses each time we saw her. She called me sweetheart.

She loved her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids. Even though she couldn't see very well and wasn't very strong, she wanted to hold her great grand babies and love on them.

She leaves a legacy in all of us. We are all so blessed that she was in our lives. My only regret is that I did not get to spend more time with her while she was here. I'm so glad she was able to live in her home with her son and her daughter close up until the very end.  She had lots of friends and family who loved her dearly. We will all miss her very much. Can't wait to see you in heaven grandma, save us a seat. Sending kisses and hugs!

No comments: