Wednesday, July 27

Grandma's 90!!


grandma and Sharon
Originally uploaded by marta1137.

My grandmother on my mom's side is now 90 years old and still keepin up with the best of them. Over 60 people came to her party which I don't think grandma's ever had a birthday that big. It was a potluck of interesting food, some of which I can only describe by it's color (pink or turquoise). It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we were able to come up for the celebration. Check out the rest of the pictures on our flickr account.
Monday, our 7th anniversary, we flew to Seattle to visit Jake's brother Jason and his wife Coleen. It's a beautiful vacation from the environment we are use to. So may tall trees everywhere and lots of small shops. Unlike the strip malls we are use to at every other street. Jason and Coleen's house is an older 50's house, but they have done some great enhancements that give it a lot of character. Jake and I are inspired to do more with our house to give it more character. Jake's also learning more about plants from Jason's job. Hopefully, we can do more to our backyard too. We'll see.

1 comment:

David said...

wow, grandma is going to be 91 before you ever post here again