Ok, so I know we are behind the gun on watching this film. Everyone and their dog has seen this already but us. So now that we've seen it, we understand why Patrick and Mary went throught the "we won't eat Taco Bell" phase (sorry for giving you guys a hard time). No more fast food, except In-N-Out (because they use real meat in their hamburgers and real potatoes in their french fries. We've also taken another step in not supporting pepsi or coca cola since they weezled their way into schools and now children get fed sugar water and processed food all day. Not to mention they rarely get any exercise as it is. Overall, not healthy and increases chances for obesity and lowers their energy and brain power. We sort of look at those huge corporate companies and are just sickened at how greedy and selfish they are with their advertising and marketing to children. So no major name soda, no processed food that is made up of 1,000's of pieces of cow (yuck!). And we're trying to stay away from high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oil. I found butter that is made with real vegetable oil and it is super good.And now that we got like 3 cookbooks for Christmas we have no excuse not to have good home cooked meals everynight. Last night we made Rick Bayless's yukaton chicken, mmmmmmm good. Jake actually ate a tomatoe that was not mixed in salsa. We're making some headway here.
5 comments:
Yeah!, Bread is the hardest for high frutose, Target is a good place to start, Otherwise go sourdough or rye they generaly arn't made with a bunch or sweetners or milk, that cause the bread to mold faster.
"And now that we got like 3 cookbooks for Christmas we have no excuse not to have good home cooked meals everynight." Yea, ask Joanna how many cookbooks she has and then how OFTEN we have a "good home cooked meal." The world makes it hard and expensive for the average family to have time and money to eat at home.
we don't always eat at home, and it can be hard sometimes with so little cooking space, but we manage. I want to eat more @ home but time doesn't allow it. But I prepare my own lunches for work and I have oatmeal for breakfast almost everyday. SO 2 of 3 meals a day are not eaten out. Plus all the food in the house is "safe." When I go to someones house I bring something for myself if need be.
DUDE! THE TIMING!!!! I just ate at McDonald's this afternoon with a co-worker (she insisted on buying me lunch since she was having me tag along with her while she went looking for some new shoes). I haven't eaten at McDonald's (except for a rare breakfast sandwich) for years...EVER SINCE I WATCHED SUPER SIZE ME! The one day I finally eat at McDonald's again and this is your new post! OK OK OK, I get it, I'll never do it again. :)
Sorry for the long rant, but I just can't believe the coincidence.
Doesn't it feel great to know that its still ok to eat at IN N'Out, as long as that's not taken away life can continue (especially for Kyle).
Thank goodness for Win-Co! They truly make it affordable to cook at home.
We have been making home cooked meals every night together. We make our own BBQ Chicken Pizza, Dr. Pepper Pork Roast, and so on. There are two cook books that have been VERY dominant in helping us decided "what's for dinner" and they just so happen to be the cook book I received from Becky and John and the cook book from Sean and Sarah. I highly recommend them: Better Homes and Gardens "Cooking for Two" and "Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade cooking 2".
If you have a night that you know you won't have time to cook up something then plan ahead. Crock-Pot (slow cooker) meals are great; just through in the ingredients and set it on low. Dinner will be ready when you get home.
Honestly if you are too busy to cook dinner more nights than you have time to cook dinner then you are too busy and need to take a second look at your scheduling. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be all high and mighty in fact I'm extremely far from even trying to be so. Its just not healthy and you can't get things done when you're sick.
(I apologize for the length of this comment).
Post a Comment