Tuesday, March 3

Jake GRADUATED!!!


Jake passed his third and FINAL level of his PGA certification yesterday and thus graduated the program. He is officially a PGA Class A professional now, which basically is like getting a BA in golf. This will open a lot of doors for him.



For those who don't know the story, Jake entered the program in the year 2000 after passing the PAT (the entry test which consists of two rounds of golf requiring you shoot under a certain score). The picture above is him passing the PAT. He then was given a take home work study program consisting of 3 levels, each one requiring him to fly to Florida to take a test and seminars. The take home material was frustrating at times and Jake did take a break wondering if he should or even could finish it. It wasn't until these last two years that he kicked it into high gear to finish it.

We want to give God the glory in this who helped not only Jake, but all of us through these past couple years trying to complete it. Late nights of working and early rising, plus everything else that goes on in life. Thank you God for being our support and encouragement through it all. We are blessed to have gone through this experience together and are stronger because of it.

I have some movie quotes that fit today's post:

Bob Barker: I can't believe you're a professional golfer. I think you should be working at the snack bar.
Happy Gilmore: You better relax, Bob.

Happy Gilmore: You know what the sad thing is? You've been playing golf you're whole life!

Tommy: Did you hear I finally graduated?
Richard Hayden: Yeah, and just a shade under a decade too, all right.
Tommy: You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard Hayden: I know, they're called doctors.

5 comments:

Sean and Sarah said...

Yay, Jake! Congratulations on finishing. It sucks that none of us could actually be there for the big event, but we were definitely praying for success.

Dernhelm said...

congrats,
besides Dr.s you have Interior Designers and Lawyers

Mary-Frances Kenney said...

I only had time to read the Title of this blog, but YAY!!!!!! I'll read the rest later. :)

...carrie... said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

The Wristen Family said...

WooHOO! Congrats from the Wristens!