Tuesday, September 15

19 months Old



I know it's been a long time since I last posted, I will try not to go a whole month without an update next time. I'm learning to schedule my time better, thanks to simplemom. She has been so inspiring to me. She has all kinds of great info, not just for moms either. I'm learning to menu plan, schedule my days, fit in my freelance work, exercise, read my Bible (or even other books), clean and spend time with my hubby. Sounds like a lot, but it's actually possible with a little home management.

So, anyway, back to the children. Reece is doing great. She is still our little enthusiastic girl, she can be very loud and boisterous at times. Her latest is she gets really frustrated when we tell her "no" and will yell and even hit a wall or whatever is near her. I guess her way of getting her aggression out. She is fascinated with the potty, she'll tell us after she has gone with such excitement, which I think is great. Maybe that means we can try to potty train her soon.

She is also starting to be more particular with her food, saying no and pushing them off her tray. She's even caught onto the fact that Souplantation has ice cream, so the first things she wants is ice cream when we get there. I know, I know, it's horrible but funny at the same time. I guess we should not go out to eat as much, or at least mix up our restaurants. Both of the kids like the banana ice cream I made, I had to add some chocolate chips to entice Isaac, but hey.

Reece loves to imitate Isaac and Isaac loves to imitate her. So, together, they keep each other quite entertained. Both in the car and running around the couch they laugh and squeel just at each other. It's so fun to watch. We went to the Wild Animal park, the zoo quite a bit this Summer, here are some pics.






We've taken them in the pool a few times this Summer, although I am regretting not getting them in more. I bought Isaac some goggles hoping he would put his face under water, yea that didn't exactly work. I also thought my adventurous Reece would just take up swimming with no hesitation, but she mostly just likes to hang at the steps or to run around the pool while we swim, "RUNNING, RUNNING, RUNNING." I think she likes to run.


I am liking Escondido more and more as I discover more about it. We've enjoyed the "Cruisin Grand" which is a street show of classic cars. Isaac picked the car with the painted teeth on it as his car. We've gone to the local farmers market for the first time and the kids actually like it. This past Saturday we went to the kids' first parade for the Grape Day Park parade. The kids eyes were just glued to the people as they walked by. After the parade we explored some locals booths, from hand-made toys to grandma's baked goods. They had a bounce house (Isaac's favorite), a fire truck for the kids to climb in and even old model T cars for the kids to climb in. What a fun day we had.



We're headed to Sacramento in October, from the 5th to at least the 10th, maybe longer. Can't wait to hang out with our family and start enjoying the fall season.

2 comments:

Dernhelm said...

can't wait to see you, Roshni says her cousins names every time she see photos of them

Sean and Sarah said...

What an exciting summer! Sean and I thought we had been busy....