Saturday, November 14

6 weeks till Christms Oh My!

I am so excited for the holidays this year. Maybe because the kids are so excited and just love all the Christmas decorations. Isaac, especially is so enthralled with all the events that are coming up, his birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas. He tells people at the grocery store that he's going to be 4 on his birthday. He usually doesn't talk to new people, so he must really be excited. We asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said "birthday cake and balloons, but not the ones with strings the ones on the floor." Because the ones from Trader Joes have strings and have flown away on occasion and he has been traumatized ever since.


I took the kids to the mall this week and I saw that Santa was already there. I told Isaac he might have candy canes so he quickly asked if we could go see him. Both of the kids gave Santa hugs and each got candy canes, and no crying. It was cute. So I'm sure now they love Santa.  Ha!

I've already begun Christmas shopping, trying to be a frugal shopper and take advantage of the early bird sales. I'm pretty excited I'm almost done with that, this is a first for me to plan this far ahead. Thank you SimpleMom!


For those people who will be shopping for our kids this year, we wanted to let you know that we are not expecting anything, especially from those struggling financially. Isaac and Reece will be excited just experiencing all that happens at Christmas.

If you do buy gifts and need some ideas, the kids have wish lists on Amazon, here's Reece and Isaac's. They are good on clothes, but can always use more books. On Isaac's wishlist I've added books that the SonLight homeschool curriculum recommends for this preschool year. We are basically home schooling him this year and seeing how things go from there.

We do want to teach our kids the importance of giving more than getting so if you prefer to donate your gift to a charity like World Vision, we'd be just as pleased.


Thank you all for your support and prayers through out this last year. We truly appreciate each of you and the unique relationships we have with you all. Thank you all for loving our kids as well. We are a blessed family.

No comments: