Sunday, August 15

Reece at 2 and a half years old!

Our little girl is growing so fast and doing so much, it's hard to keep up with her. I thought I'd better write some of the things down now while I can still recall all the cute things (and not so cute) she does.

Reece loves to dance and sing. I don't know if it's a girl thing or what, but she loves to put on her tutu or any pretty dress and twirl and leap around. If there is a song on the TV or even at the store, she will dance to it. She can also sing along with our kids CD's that we have in the car. She might not know what all the words mean but she can repeat them very well.

She still loves fruit with a passion, which is great. However, she's not too keen on veggies or chicken or dinner food in general. Interesting how, she will eat an entire In N' Out ketchup only hamburger faster than her brother.

She loves her big brother and, in fact, told him today "Isaac, I love you so much," as they cuddled on the couch together around the ipod. She wants to do everything he does. If Isaac is drinking out of a certain cup, she wants it too. And Isaac is loving that he can tell his little sister to do anything and she'll do it. Especially things that she's not suppose to do. For instance, throwing food on the floor or making a mess with her juice. Isaac thinks it's hilarious. Mom, however, not so much.

She loves animals, whenever she sees a dog or cat she says "Aww, he's so cute. Can I pet him?" If she sees a cute animal in a book she will say "Can I hug him?" and proceed to hug the book. She also loves babies and wants to pet any baby she sees as well. She especially loves our neighbor's baby, Callee.

Reece loves books. She especially likes when there is a girl and a boy in the story so she can say "That's Isaac and that's Reece."


She does have quite a 2-year old temper at times. We are still trying to teach her to listen and obey mommy and daddy, which she fights us on. However, I can see progress and I know she's slowly getting it. She is also going through clingy phases, where she just wants mommy to hold her. Sometimes, when I'm holding her, she'll pat me on the back. So cute.

She loves her little people, dollhouse and wonder pets figures. She is quite content to sit and play with them by herself. However, she wants me to play with her mostly. Isaac doesn't have the patience to sit with her and play with the toys like she wants to. He usually moves too fast and makes something fall over. From which she will scream or cry "NOOOO" in her loudest voice.

After she takes a bath with daddy, she gets wrapped up in a towel and walks down the stairs and says "Mommy, I'm ready." I had a vision of her one day coming down the stairs in her wedding gown saying the same thing, almost made me cry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the first picture! She is a funny girl!
:-)
Nichole

Dernhelm said...

She looks so much like you, that funny face of hers, is so you. Sounds like you guys are having fun.

Seanswife said...

Almost made me cry too, reading it, and I'm not even a parent.