Sunday, August 1

Trip to Sacramento

We made a quick decision to make a trip up to Sacramento in July. Jake's work schedule is always pretty tight, so I decided I would brave the 9 hour trip with just me and the kids. Thankfully, with lots of prayer, I made it all the way up without falling asleep (something I was definitely afraid of).


Our first day we spent with the Marta's playing in the water. They have friends who own a small farm with chickens and goats. They allowed us to bring the kids over to watch her milk the goat, which was something even I had never seen before. They also let Reece gather the eggs from the chicken coop. They got to eat ice cream made from goats milk, they ate it right up. It really doesn't taste much different than cow's milk and it's full of super nutrients that are great for you.

Our second day was spent with the Kenney's. Playtime with their cousin R in the splash area was a hit. Isaac is pretty obsessed with the giant trampoline in my parents backyard. He wanted to jump on that thing forever. We also got to spend the entire day with my grandma, the kids' great-grandma, since it was her 95th birthday. Her eye sight is failing and her hearing is going, but she still has her beautiful smile and her sense of humor. The kids loved seeing her and wishing her happy birthday. I'm so thankful I was able to spend this birthday with her.

Our third day with the Kenney's again. We were fortunate to be there while the zoo had their annual Ice Cream Social. When I was young, we would go to the ice cream social because my dad would be singing with his barbershop group there. So, I have a lot of fond memories of the ice cream social. It's just ice cream booths with various flavors all through out the zoo. Unlimited ice cream, or however much you can stomach. The kids had more ice cream than they've ever had at one time. It was super good ice cream though. That night Jake flew in from San Diego, yay!!


Our fourth day was split between the families but it was also our 12th anniversary. So, Jake and I got a date night with free babysitting. WooHoo! We spent a while trying to figure out a nice but semi affordable place for dinner. We settled on Bandera. Let me just say, YUM, YUM, YUM. Jake ordered ribs he ate with a fork, never picked them up with his fingers once. I had a good chicken but my favorite was the "coleslaw" that was made with peanuts, cilantro and cabbage in a sesame sauce I think. I could have eaten an entire plate of that stuff. Plus, our waiter was really nice and personable and it had a nice atmosphere. We saw "Inception" at an old school globe theater on Arden. We had a great time. Ofcourse, we forgot to take pictures of us, uggghh.

We spent our last day just hanging around. Isaac went "fishing" in the small lake with grandpa. The kids had so much fun in Sac, they didn't want to come home. We had a great time seeing everyone. Thanks to everyone for taking time out to hang with us.As always, check out our Shutterfly page for all the pics.

No comments: