Saturday, September 11

First Time in a classroom and EFRR


Isaac had his first class at the Classical Academy this week. We were late getting him there because traffic was horrific. I forgot that there are 3 other schools on the same street, total car mayehm. He didn't know any difference thankfully. And ofcourse I didn't notice until we got there that my camera battery was dead. What a morning. But, I took a picture of him when he got home. He said he had a good time at school and was excited when I picked him up. This was his art project he did for the day.  Reece wanted to pose in the picture too. Reece and I got to hang out together just the girls. We did some shopping and playing with her toys. It was really quiet without Isaac in the house. Amazing how the dynamic changes with just one more kid.


On daddy's day off this week, he decided to take the kids hiking up at our Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve. I had no idea there was a reserve there, but leave it to my explorer husband to find these kinds of things. It was a perfect overcast day to hike. There were even walking sticks provided for the hike up. It's a pretty steep hill up and very dusty and bumpy. There were actually people riding their bikes UP the hill. Crazy fit people. Reece and I didn't make it as far as the boys. Reece got tired so we headed back down the hill and waited for them at the bottom. When we got in the car to go home, Isaac was asleep in 10.2 seconds. I guess it was a good workout.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Very cute. That is a lot of books!

Carolyn said...

Hey, we have an Elfin Forest by us, too. I had no idea there was more than one...