With the start of a new year, I have renewed energy and motivation to tackle some of my short and long term goals. However, the one thing that is most important overall of them to me is "DISCIPLINE." I cannot keep any goals or hope to conquer laziness and wasted time if I do not first have discipline. So, my first "Goal" is to be DISCIPLINED with my goals, which I believe is the cause for so many people failing to keep their New Years Resolutions. I know it's only been 2 weeks, but so far I have been doing good. I'll list some of my goals for my personal record and anyone else can feel free to see if I'm still doing these in July:
- Schedule every day of my week - This is HUGE for me because it allows me to complete the other things I always intend to do, but never "have the time". For instance, reading books, exercise, getting up early, reading up on my blogs, researching, and the most important Bible reading.
- Snack less on cheese and chocolate - I know, I know... I'm aweful. They are my downfalls.
- Complete my new business idea
- Financially - Save up for a larger car and save up our full healthcare deductable (again). I am on a vegetarian food hunt to help us save on groceries and also to be healthier (Jake is afraid to lose his hamburgers, please pray for him).
- Serve others - Something that does not come natural to me is to take the focus off myself and actively look to helping others. Going out of my way, putting myself in uncomfortable situations and genuinely caring for the welfare of others. This one is a lifetime goal for myself and something I would love to see one day come natural to our kids.
4 comments:
mine has always been to plan my days better, Schedule, list, schedule
What "new business idea"? How mysterious. This year, I am continuing my goal from last year, which is to get down to a healthy weight. I'm halfway there, and discipline has been a large part of it. I've run in the cold, cold rain, woken up early on weekends to take 2-hour walks with Sean, and worked out with my boss when it was the very last thing I wanted to do. But I've gotten great results, so it gives me momentum.
Keep the burgers! Men need meat to live. Without red meat men become soft and girly.
Great goals, Sharon. You can totally do them! I can't wait to read about your success in December. :)
Post a Comment