Saturday, September 25

Latest School Stuff

Isaac and I have been having fun with school at home so far. He has been doing his science with daddy. Most of you probably don't know that even though daddy's day job is a golf pro, he secretly wishes he had a job in science. He gets really into it with Isaac. They love to do experiments together and search for science videos online. This week they made a tornado with 2 2-liter bottles, experimented with ice to make hail and made a wind sock. What a cool dad.


The mini kinder class Isaac has been going to on Wednesdays has not been as fun for Isaac. The last two times he has been sad and doesn't want to participate. The teacher called me to see if I wanted to come pick him up early because he was just not happy at all. When we got home I saw one of the activity sheets he did in class read "What do you like about school?" and Isaac wrote "sad, sad."

I talked with the teacher and she said I could come help in the mornings. Hopefully, that would make Isaac feel more comfortable. So, this week I helped out and he did ok with me there. But he was still sad and only participated a little. This is him making a grumpy face for the picture with their Teddy bears.


That's Reece in the picture too. I had to bring her with me and she ofcourse, fit right in. She wanted to do all the activities and loved school. She even wanted to bring her backpack like Isaac so she felt like a big Kindergartner. So goes a second child.


On a totally different note, we got to go the the SD Zoo last week with some of our friends and check out their new reptile exhibit. The picture below is the kids touching a tortoise that is 100 years old. My friend Alicia also decided to volunteer to eat an insect during one of the shows. She's been to Africa so she's use to eating bugs. I'm totally lying, they didn't eat bugs in Africa... intentionally.

5 comments:

Dernhelm said...

we have a nearly 85 year old one at our zoo

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! I love the Alicia comment. :-)
Nichole

Sean said...

Poor Isaac. :(

Carolyn said...

I'm guessing the school issue is less about birth order and more about gender. As my grandma always says, "School was made for girls." Lauren loves going, but I have a feeling we will have school issues with Jonathan down the road. I'm just glad he has awesome parents who will homeschool him! :)

Carolyn said...

I meant Isaac has awesome parents, not Jonathan. :) My ego isn't that big!